Aether Dungeons are a new feature added in the Aether Mod. There are 3 types of dungeons that can be found in the Aether - Bronze, Silver, and Gold, with Bronze being the easiest and Gold being the hardest. Each has their own specific look, boss, puzzle and minions as well as a treasure chest at the end of each one. Rewards vary depending on the difficulty of the dungeon. They have no similarity to one another or Overworld dungeons. If the player is killed within the dungeon, the bosses' health will not be reset.
- Further information: Slider's Labyrinth
Dungeons are guarded by doors, which you can enter with a party that you created, or you can go solo. However they are bugged. If you choose to go in with a party, all member of that party must accept the request if that group is to go in. The difficulty of that dungeon will depend on how many people head in, for example, heading in solo will be easier than 5 people going in. In order to get to the boss, you must defeat 5 mini-bosses, which can vary, like the Slider Host Mimic, which spawns mini sliders to attack the player. There are 5 mini-bosses in each dungeon, so be prepared to defeat more than one of the same mini-boss. Each one will give you a key, which you need to use on the door to get to the final boss, the Slider. After the Slider has been defeated, the dungeon will start a countdown. Once the countdown is over, everyone in the dungeon group will be kicked from the dungeon and it will say "Conquered". This will go for the entire party, and you cannot conquer the same dungeon twice.
- Sometimes when a dungeon is entered, the player won't actually be placed in the dungeon, and may sometimes be frozen at 0, 0, 0 until they log out, which will teleport them to the Overworld at 0, 0, 0.
- Some chests occasionally contain glitched versions of normal Aether items, which a player can right-click their inventory with to produce more items.
- Occasionally, a dungeon's boss door will require -1 keys, which means an infinite number.
- Dungeon bosses do not respawn after a dungeon is finished by one particular party, meaning that others can't reach the boss on their own runs.
- If a player uses the Hammer of Notch to defeat a boss, the key from it is not obtained, making the Slider impossible to reach legitimately.
- Most the time, items from Dungeons cannot be shift-clicked into the inventory of a player, if that is the case, they will disappear when right-clicked, and cannot be used otherwise.
- In Multiplayer when entering Dungeons with a party, it may not teleport you into the dungeons but give you the GUI.