Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Data value||See Data values|
|ID Name||See Data values|
An altar requires a Skyroot Pickaxe or better to be obtained, in which when mined, it will drop itself. If mined without a pickaxe, it will drop nothing and be destroyed.
|Zanite and Valkyrie*||0.76|
*Times are from unenchanted tools in seconds, and Zanite with max durability.
- Main article: Enchanting
Altars are used to enchant items, which turns them into enchanted versions. Right-clicking the Altar with Ambrosium Shards will place them on the Altar. To enchant blocks and/or items, place them on the Altar via right-clicking, and it does not matter if Ambrosium Shards were added first or afterwards.
To remove shards, rightclick the Altar with anything other than possible enchantable blocks or items, and the shards will drop out. It can also repair both vanilla and mod items, although this function has been partially covered by the Anvil as of Minecraft 1.4.2.
- Altars were called the Enchanter back in The Aether, looked more like an Incubator and had a GUI similar to the overworld Furnace.
|Icon||Achievement||In-game description||Prerequisites||Actual requirements (if different)|
|Do You Believe in Magic?||Craft an Altar||Enlightenment||Enchant a block or item using an Altar|
Altar's data values are:
|Altar||aether:altar||182 (dec), B6 (hex), 10110110 (bin)|
- Initial release: Introduced
- 1.03: Renamed from Enchanter to Altar
- 1.04: Fixed bug where shift-clicking while in the Altar GUI would crash and corrupt saves
- 1.9 Pre-release 2: Fixed Altars using the old name
- Initial release: Introduced, is now interactive and has a different appearance
- 1.7.10-1.2: Fixed ticking Altar crash
- 1.7.10-1.5: Fixed not being able to remove items on the Altar with an empty hand.