|Data value||See Data values|
|ID Name||See Data values|
It does not require a shovel to be obtained, and so, will drop even if mined with bare hands, but mining it with a shovel is faster.
|Zanite and Valkyrie*||0.19|
*Times are from unenchanted tools in seconds, and Zanite with max durability.
Quicksoil can be found naturally generated in small patches on the sides of islands. In 1.10[upcoming], Quicksoil also now generates as coasts covering the fringes of most islands and in 'pools' in mainland.
Quicksoil will majorly increase the movement speed of any players or mobs that walk on it, even more dramatically with additional Speed buffs. While the movement speed increase may be useful, it can be hazardous as players can accidentally fall to their deaths if unaware.
Taming a Swet will further increase the movement speed, if one rides a tamed Swet on Quicksoil.
It can also be enchanted on an Altar or smelted in a Holystone Furnace to be turned into Quicksoil Glass, which currently is the only glass block in the Aether. Quicksoil Glass still retains its special ability (increasing movement speed), but, however, it is not as powerful as Quicksoil. Its overworld counterpart, Sand, can also make glass, but Sand cannot speed players up.
- Quicksoil is useful for making highways to quickly get around, but be sure to create side-scaffolding to prevent falling from the increase of movement speed. It may be more effective than taming Phygs and Moas, but the only downside is investing more time in building and gathering the materials.
- Smelting Quicksoil into Quicksoil Glass is likely far more cheaper and efficient than enchanting it with an Altar, as only eight Ambrosium Shards or Coal is needed to smelt a full stack of Quicksoil into glass.
- In the original The Aether mod, movement speed was affected by how long the player moved on Quicksoil.
- Quicksoil may be considered the Aether's counterpart to the Nether's Soul Sand, given they are both sand type blocks, and affect movement speed in opposite ways.
- Despite having soil in it's name, Quicksoil appears to be a silica based material (sand) instead of actual soil like Aether Dirt or Dirt. Quicksoil isn't likely made out of calcium carbonate though, as calcium carbonate is formed by organic processes, such as from coral or shellfish.
Quicksoil's data values are:
|Quicksoil||aether:quicksoil||177 (dec), B1 (hex), 10110001 (bin)|
Issues relating to Quicksoil block are maintained on the bug tracker. Report issues for Quicksoil there.
- Initial release: Introduced
- 1.01: Non-generated Quicksoil no longer returns drops with a Skyroot Shovel
- 1.02: Now used to craft Quicksoil Glass
- Initial release: Introduced
- 188.8.131.52: Quicksoil's properties were reverted back to their 1.5.1 design
- 184.108.40.206: Players can no longer sneak to prevent falling off of Quicksoil and Quicksoil Glass.
- 1.7.10-1.3: Fixed slow Aether mounts on Quicksoil
- Now has a numerical block id of 4117
- Now spawns more commonly on the fringes of islands and may generate as 'pools' in the middle of islands