|Spawn||At night time|
Tempests can only spawn at night, and their main bodies are black while the Aether swirls glow softly. Unlike most mobs, Tempests die in sunlight.
Tempests attack via shooting spheres known as frostbites, which strike Cold Lightning onto players upon contact and release Coldfire onto nearby blocks. These flames will not damage players, but will give them Slowness III, therefore making it much more difficult to dodge the frostbites. The flames do not spread, and will disappear rather quickly.
The flames also can't be extinguished by punching it although removing the block the flames are on will make it disappear. The Cold Lightning frostbites summon also has a chance to hit more than once if you are standing still so it is advised to move around when fighting Tempests, to avoid their attacks and to avoid getting hit again by the lightning.
- One of the few Aether mobs to have their internal concept released before there is a formal rendered concept
- The tail of a Tempest is slightly transparent.
- Coldfire will last forever, much like normal fire, if shot on Netherrack.
- During the day, it seems to die even if under a roof.
- Coldfire can burn down trees in the overworld
- Tempests die in The End and Nether even though those dimensions are technically always night time
Issues relating to Tempest mob are maintained on the bug tracker. Report issues for Tempest there.
- Initial release: Introduced