She is the second-hardest boss in the Aether. She rules over the Valkyries from her throne room in the heart of the Silver Dungeon. She looks like other Valkyries except she only spawns in her throne room. She can do considerable damage to you so it is advisable to have good armor and healing items.
She, like all Valkyries, is a very honorable creature and will only fight you once you have defeated 10 Valkyries and collected their victory medals. Then, with the medals, you must right-click her with the stack of 10 victory medals. She will then tell you to fight her when you are ready. Once you strike her, the fight will begin. She is very strong and can do 3 hearts of damage with each attack. If you need to heal it is recommended you run away from her and heal yourself at the same time. Also, she can occasionally send out orbs that, when they are out for a long time, cause damage in the area where the orb was. Every few hits she receives, she will teleport behind you, so if you see her disappear then look behind you and be ready. She can also jump very high so keep your eyes on her at all times. Just keep on hitting her, following a strategy that works for you.
A secret compartment will also open up just in front of the throne with a Locked Chest that can be opened with the Silver Key. The rewards can be considerably good, such as Valkyrie equipment (armour, tools, lance), Holy Sword, Invisibility Cloak, Valkyrie Music Disc (Ascending Dawn), etc.
Note that the Valkyrie Queen is not in the Aether II as of now.
- Stand in a corner and attack her with a Gravitite Sword so she will get pushed up. Then simply hit her from below and she won't be able to attack you.
- Another great tactic is one that utilizes the Hammer of Notch. Keep your back against a corner of the room. Spam-click across the room at her. Sometimes, she will disappear in a cloud of smoke, and in that state, she is invisible. Continue to spam the Hammer across the room, although you can't see her. When you see her health bar go down (you hit her invisibly), continue to aim at that spot. She will then make a move to charge at you and reappear. Use this method to dethrone her in a matter of minutes (This will only work in Aether I as in Aether II the Hammer of Notch now has a cooldown)!
- One is also to defeat the Gold Dungeon Boss, the Sun Spirit, first and use the Iron Bubble and fill the whole room with water.
- Multiple Queens may spawn in the same room.
- Occasionally, if killed by a Queen, when you go back to the same dungeon, the door to the Queen's throne room may be blocked.
- The Valkyrie Queen will sometimes teleport into other rooms of the dungeon.
- When she is defeated she might not drop the silver key to unlock the chest.